In September, I’ll be returning to Columbia University to teach a new media producing grad course called Building Storyworlds - the art, craft & biz of storytelling in 21c. This tumblr is part of an ongoing experiment to open parts of the course.
The overall goal of the tumblr is to generate a discovery and discussion around storytelling in the 21st century. So come fall this tumblr will provide the following…
- Weekly posts by students as they explore new forms of storytelling.
- Select lectures from the class
- Interviews with guest speakers (last year we were joined by a collection of innovative storytellers, producers, game designers, experience designers, entrepreneurs and creative technologists).
- Links to interesting projects, technology and storytelling driven innovation
- UX overviews from students as they step through projects and share their thoughts and experiences.
- A look at the design, build and production of an immersive storytelling experience that will be run on campus at the end of the semester.
LOOKING FOR GLOBAL COLLABORATORS
***We’re also looking for some global collaborators beyond the class that would like to experiment with us in parts of the design, building and production of the immersive storytelling experience. If you’re interested please leave us a note. More details will be provided in the coming weeks.